Westwood House occupies the site of a former nunnery. Following the dissolution of the monasteries, the site and surrounding lands were presented by Henry VIII to the first Sir John Pakington. The land in 1560, was passed to his nephew, Sir Thomas Pakington whose son, the Elizabethan Courtier, Sir John Pakington chose the site for his hunting lodge circa 1600 which forms the impressive octagonal centre block of the present house. After the restoration, the cavalier grandson of Sir John decided to make the house fully residential and in 1660 added diagonal wings at the four corners of the original structure. He was also responsible for the grand staircase in the Great Chamber. Flat 10A occupies the top floor and has the benefit of two separate balconies ideal for alfresco dining and with wonderful panoramic views. There are 2 reception rooms, a kitchen breakfast room, and 2 bathrooms with an en-suite to the master. Period feature are evident throughout with an abundance of exposed beams and the original roof structure. Further benefits include secondary glazing, night storage heating and a clear view log burner in the living room.
Westwood House is situated within several acres of formally landscaped gardens amidst open countryside. There are a wide range of amenities locally being about 2 miles from the centre of Droitwich Spa. The M5 (J5) nearby provides excellent access to a number of important conurbations including Birmingham, approximately 20 miles distant.Outside
In addition to the communal grounds, a short distance from the main entrance there is an area of private garden bounded in part by the original brick, garden wall, with a well stocked herbaceous border and mature Cedar.Additional Information
THE PROPERTY IS LEASEHOLD PLUS A SHARE OF THE FREEHOLD. The property is held on a 999 year lease which commenced from January 1984. Peppercorn ground rent. Service charge, currently of £110 pcm subject to confirmation. More details upon request.