Victorian villa in sought-after spot
The north Oxford conservation area is one of the city’s most sought-after spots.
It stretches from St Giles in the south to Frenchay, Staverton and Belbroughton Roads in the north, and runs from the banks of the Oxford Canal in the west, to the River Cherwell in the east.
Finders Keepers is marketing a yellow-and-red brick semi-detached Victorian villa which is typical of the area.
It was built in 1873 by Oxford architect George Shirley who, with business partner surveyor John Galpin, designed a number of houses in this part of North Oxford.
The house, in Norham Gardens, is ranged over four floors and has a number of period features such as high ceilings, cornicing and bay windows.
It has been recently renovated and includes a lower ground floor flat which agents say would be ideal for a nanny, au pair or guests.
The house includes seven bedrooms, five bathrooms, and a drawing room with a feature fireplace, wooden floor and bay window. There is also a sitting room and a kitchen/dining room with an electric Aga.
The self-contained one-bedroom basement flat includes a sitting room with a kitchenette, a bathroom and garden room with ensuite bathroom.
At the back is a walled garden with a sun terrace and off-road parking.
No 24 Norham Gardens is available to rent, unfurnished, for £8,995 per month.
For more information, or to arrange a viewing, contact agents Finders Keepers on 01865 311011 or visit finders.co.uk