AN UNDERAGE girl had sex encounters with "hundreds" of men, the Old Bailey heard this morning.
The unnamed witness, known as Girl 1, overcame illness to take the stand for the sixth day at the trial of nine men accused of involvement in a child abuse gang in Oxford.
She claims she was raped and sold for sex by Kamar Jamil and the Dogar brothers Akhatr and Anjum, between 2004 when she was 12 and 2007 when she was 15.
She also claims Assad Hussain, who she picked out in an ID procedure last year, abused her.
Mark George, defending Hussain, asked her if she could have confused his client with one of the many Asian men she encountered.
He said: "Do you think it is possible that you have confused him with of one of the hundreds of men you have described?"
But she said: "Out of all these hundreds of men for whatever reason that face stood out."
Earlier she had said: "The minute I saw him, I 100 per cent recognised him as soon someone who had sex with me."
She had also told the jury: "There was so many men over the years I have blocked some of it out."
And the court heard she had told a police officer: "I can't remember weeks and months of my life."
Lee Karu, defending Anjum "Jammy" Dogar, told the witness his client had only met her "half a dozen" times.
She claims he and the gang took her to "grotty" places to have sex with strangers.
But Mr Karu said: "He never drank with you he never took any drugs with you. He never went to these premises with you either by himself with or with others.
"He never had any sexual encounters with you."
But the witness said: "That's not true."
Mr Karu also suggested the witness's memory could be wrong.
But she said: "I have been accurate as I possibly can be.
"I remember the events that have happened to me and the things I have described in my witness statement."
She admitted she could not recall some names, adding: "I can see them in my mind but can't give specific details about them."
Girl 1 described Anjum as "pleasant" compared to the rest of the gang.
She said: "I think I used the expression his heart was never in it.
"I don't think there was the malicious intent of either people."
The court also heard she dropped a rape complaint against Akhtar Dogar in 2006.
This afternoon, prosecutor Noel Lucas will question the witness before she finishes her evidence.
Then the court will then hear from police officers who dealt with her at the time of the alleged abuse.
Yesterday she told the court she had felt "let down" by police.
The nine defendants deny all charges. The trial continues.
The accused all deny the charges. They are:
- Kamar Jamil, 27, of Aldrich Road, Summertown, Oxford, denies four rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, two of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and one of trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Akhtar Dogar, 32, of Tawney Street, East Oxford, denies six rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, three of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Anjum Dogar, 30, of Tawney Street, East Oxford, denies four rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, three of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Assad Hussain, 32, of Ashhurst Way, Rose Hill, Oxford, denies two charges of conspiracy to rape and three of sexual activity with a child.
- Mohammed Karrar, 38, of Kames Close, Cowley, Oxford, denies seven rapes, four charges of conspiracy to rape, an alternative charge of conspiracy to commit sexual activity with a child, two of trafficking for sexual exploitation, two of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, assault, conspiracy to assault, using an instrument to procure a miscarriage, and supplying a Class A drug to another.
- Bassam Karrar, 33, of Hundred Acres Close, Cowley, Oxford, denies three rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, two charges of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, trafficking for sexual exploitation, and conspiracy to assault.
- Mohammed Hussain, 24, of Horspath Road, Cowley, Oxford, denies rape, conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child, and two charges of sexual activity with a child.
- Zeeshan Ahmed, 27, of Palmer Road, Wood Farm, Oxford, denies two charges of conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child and two charges of sexual activity with a child.
- Bilal Ahmed, 26, of Suffolk Road, Maidenhead, denies conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child and sexual activity with a child.