When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Teenager "feared she would die", Old Bailey hears
A 14-YEAR-OLD girl feared she would die as she was "brutally" raped by a man high on cocaine, the Old Bailey has heard.
The 20-year-old cried as she gave evidence this morning at the trial of nine men accused of raping and prostituting girls in Oxford.
Known as Girl 3 as she cannot be named, she also told the jury she was taken to places as far away as Manchester and Coventry, and sent to London, to have sex with men.
She said Bassam Karrar gave her alcohol before taking her to the Nanford Guest House in November 2006.
She said they had sex but he took cocaine and became "demanding" and "aggressive".
The court heard she refused to perform a sex act on him and said she needed to go home as her mum would be worried.
But she said: "He jumped on top of me and started pulling my hair.
"He was brutal about it. It was hurting me. My hair felt like it was about it fall off my head."
The witness said she accidentally bit him and he "smacked" her in the face repeatedly with his fist.
She said: "It felt like I had been hit over the head with a fire extinguisher."
The court heard the girl told him she was pregnant to make him stop.
But she said: "It just made him worse.
"He wasn't saying anything at this point. It was like he was possessed."
She said he scratched her face and raped her, adding: "I didn't feel like I could scream."
Afterwards he urinated on her in the shower, the court heard.
Karrar then raped the 14-year-old again with his hands around her throat, the jury heard. He told the girl: "I'm going to kill you."
The witness said: "I couldn't breathe because his hands were so tight around my throat.
"I thought that was how I was going to die."
She said afterwards Karrar called her "white trash", "prostitute", and "crackhead".
The court heard police then arrived and the teen ran outside screaming.
But Girl 3 said Bassam laughed at her from the window.
And she said she ran to the reception of the hotel but a man there acted like she was "bothering" him.
She said: "He clearly didn't want me there."
Police interviewed the teenager and took photographs of the hotel room.
But the witness said she was persuaded to drop the charges by Bassam's girlfriend at the time.
She said:"She said he would lose his kids and he would never see them."
When prosecutor Noel Lucas asked her how she felt when she was urinated on, she said: "I felt like I was worthless."
Bassam and his brother Mohammed later laughed about it, the court heard.
Girl 3 claims she was abused by Akhtar and Anjum Dogar, Assad Hussain, and Mohammed and Bassam Karrar between the ages of 13 and 15.
The alleged crimes, including rape, child prostitution, and sex trafficking, are said to have taken place between July 2005 and July 2008.
The nine defendants deny all the charges.
The trial continues.
The accused all deny the charges. They are:
- Kamar Jamil, 27, of Aldrich Road, Summertown, Oxford, denies four rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, two of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and one of trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Akhtar Dogar, 32, of Tawney Street, East Oxford, denies six rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, three of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Anjum Dogar, 30, of Tawney Street, East Oxford, denies four rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, three of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, and trafficking for sexual exploitation.
- Assad Hussain, 32, of Ashhurst Way, Rose Hill, Oxford, denies two charges of conspiracy to rape and three of sexual activity with a child.
- Mohammed Karrar, 38, of Kames Close, Cowley, Oxford, denies seven rapes, four charges of conspiracy to rape, an alternative charge of conspiracy to commit sexual activity with a child, two of trafficking for sexual exploitation, two of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, assault, conspiracy to assault, using an instrument to procure a miscarriage, and supplying a Class A drug to another.
- Bassam Karrar, 33, of Hundred Acres Close, Cowley, Oxford, denies three rapes, three charges of conspiracy to rape, two charges of arranging or facilitating child prostitution, trafficking for sexual exploitation, and conspiracy to assault.
- Mohammed Hussain, 24, of Horspath Road, Cowley, Oxford, denies rape, conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child, and two charges of sexual activity with a child.
- Zeeshan Ahmed, 27, of Palmer Road, Wood Farm, Oxford, denies two charges of conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child and two charges of sexual activity with a child.
- Bilal Ahmed, 26, of Suffolk Road, Maidenhead, denies conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child and sexual activity with a child.