When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
The Scales of Justice
8:00pm Wednesday 13th March 2013 in News
- Andrew Newton, 38, of English Church Housing, Oxford, admitted shoplifting a jacket worth £160 from Blacks in St Aldate’s, Oxford, on January 26. Given a 12-month conditional discharge, told to pay a £15 victims’ surcharge and £15 costs.
- Penelope Nichol, 65, of Sunningwell, near Abingdon, admitted speeding in Abingdon Road on July 24 last year. Driving at 38mph in a 30mph zone. Fined £60 and told to pay £15 costs. Given three points on her licence.
- Sean Stevens, 25, of Cleveley Road, Enstone, convicted of causing harassment, alarm or distress by using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour on August 17 last year in Chipping Norton. Fined £100 and told to pay £15 victims’ surcharge and £500 costs.
- Martyn Brough, 22, of Portway, Banbury, admitted breaching a restraining order in Booth Road, Banbury, on November 12 last year and caused criminal damage to a rear windscreen in the same road on November 11. Given six-month conditional discharge and told to pay £15 victims’ surcharge.
- Ann Gale, 26, of Dover Avenue, Banbury, admitted being drunk and disorderly in a public place in Market Place, Banbury, on January 16. Fined £50, a £20 victims’ surcharge, and £30 costs.
- Sabrina Sells, 29, of Bridge Street, Banbury, admitted shoplifting cosmetic products worth £6.83 from Body Care in Castle Quay, Banbury, on January 15. Also stole a DVD and can of beer worth £5.05 from the Co-op Swift Shop in Barberry Place, Bicester, on October 16 last year. Community order made with a four-week curfew order. Told to pay £5.05 compensation, a £60 victims’ surcharge, and £30 costs.