Gas barbecues alert after weekend fires

First published in News

OXFORDSHIRE Fire and Rescue Service has warned of the dangers of gas barbecues after two fires in Witney over the weekend.

One was caused by placing coal briquettes on a gas barbecue and the other by a faulty cylinder connection.

Witney Fire Station watch manager Nick Annetts said: “Both fires could have had much more serious consequences had they gone un-checked.”

He warned people to ensure gas barbecues are in good condition, placed at a safe distance from buildings and that no other fuels are added to them.

Related links

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:19pm Fri 19 Jul 13

alexlane says...

Adding coals to gas BBQ..... Stupid!
Bad gas connection.... Nearly as stupid!
The warning should be about stupid people using bbqs!
Adding coals to gas BBQ..... Stupid! Bad gas connection.... Nearly as stupid! The warning should be about stupid people using bbqs! alexlane
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree