When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Family escapes fire started in kitchen
10:30am Tuesday 27th August 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a house blaze in Banbury that started in the kitchen.
The fire broke out in a home in Broughton Road at 7.45pm on Sunday and fire engines from Banbury and Hook Norton were sent.
Crews used breathing equipment to get inside the house and put the fire out.
Watch manager David Edge said: “Fortunately for the occupiers of the house, they were able to escape the property and take refuge in the back garden while firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the fire. The fire was caused by cooking and this serves as a timely reminder to everyone to not get distracted while cooking as fires can start quickly.”
Comments are closed on this article.