When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Towns' residents told to be alert after rash of break-ins
11:00am Friday 30th August 2013 in News
Bicester and Banbury residents have been told to stay vigilant after a spate of burglaries.
Significant amounts of Asian jewellery, cash, clothing and cars have been stolen from 15 homes and drives in just over a month.
Police say it is too early to say if the crimes are linked but have not ruled it out.
They listed the crimes as:
- July 16, Homestead Road, Cherwell Heights, Banbury, grey Mercedes C350 stolen.
- July 16, distraction burglary disrupted in Gillet Road, Banbury.
- July 16, Windrush, Banbury, thieves took boots, trainers, bracelets, perfumes and cash.
- August 8, Asian jewellery taken from home in East Close, and attempts made to burgle homes in Bankside and Ferriston, Banbury.
- August 15, jewellery and cash stolen from a home in Lapsley Drive, and August 22, two men took cash in Danesmoor, Banbury.
- July 18, jewellery and medication taken in Goodwood Road, Bicester.
- July 22 and 23, burglars hit homes in Chatsworth Drive and Leach Road, Banbury.
- July 27, burglars were disturbed in Raven Croft, Langford Village, Bicester.
- August 3, burglars took Asian jewellery from a house in Queens Court.
Call police on 101 if you have information about any of the incidents.