Man’s lucky escape after chip pan fire

The Oxford Times: . .

People have been warned not to tackle chip pan fires after a resident had a lucky escape when he tried to put out a blaze in Watlington.

Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service said the fire occurred at an apartment on Tuesday in Old School Place.

Crews were faced with smoke coming out of the first-floor windows before they extinguished the blaze.

A spokesman said: “The resident on this occasion was very lucky not to be injured tackling the fire.”

Related links

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree