Smoking mince pies

Fire crews attended quickly

Fire crews attended quickly

First published in News

Burning mince pies caused firefighters to be called to Risinghurst Community Centre in Kiln Lane, Oxford, on Thursday.

The pies were left in the oven while a grill was also accidentally left on.

Firefighters wearing breathing gear put out the fire after being called to the scene at 10.22am.

Firefighter Dan Smith from Slade Park Fire Station said: “The quick actions of the crews ensured the fire and smoke damage was kept to a minimum.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree