Smoking mince pies

7:40am Saturday 21st December 2013

Burning mince pies caused firefighters to be called to Risinghurst Community Centre in Kiln Lane, Oxford, on Thursday.

The pies were left in the oven while a grill was also accidentally left on.

Firefighters wearing breathing gear put out the fire after being called to the scene at 10.22am.

Firefighter Dan Smith from Slade Park Fire Station said: “The quick actions of the crews ensured the fire and smoke damage was kept to a minimum.”

Back

© Copyright 2001-2014 Newsquest Media Group

The Oxford Times: Site Logo http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk

Click 2 Find Business Directory http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/trade_directory/