Lucky escape after candles left burning in bedroom start fire

The Oxford Times: Lucky escape after candles left burning in bedroom start fire Lucky escape after candles left burning in bedroom start fire

A couple had a lucky escape when they fell asleep and candles left burning set fire to their bedroom.

A smoke alarm alerted other family members who were able to wake the sleeping couple and put dampened towels on the fire.

Firefighters were called to a property in Milton Road, Banbury, at 4.30am on Saturday.

Four adults were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Watch manager John Callaway said: “Without doubt, the smoke alarm saved the lives of this young couple and prevented further damage to the house.”

Related links

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree