Coroner records death through natural causes

The Oxford Times: Coroner records death through natural causes Coroner records death through natural causes

A 62-YEAR-OLD Witney woman died of heart and breathing problems after she was rushed to hospital following an overdose of paracetamol.

Margaret Morgan, of Queen Emma’s Dyke, had been diagnosed with a form of cystitis before she took the overdose and died in October last year at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.

In an inquest into her death at Oxfordshire Coroner’s Court on Tuesday, coroner Darren Salter recorded a verdict of natural causes.

The coroner found the cause of death was a form of pneumonia but said the overdose and her other medical problems may have played a part.

Mrs Morgan’s GP, Dr Gareth Evans, said in a statement that Mrs Morgan had suffered from anxiety and panic attacks before she was admitted to hospital after the overdose on Saturday, October 12.

And a statement from emergency department consultant Dr Rick Pullinger said Mrs Morgan was treated with a paracetamol antidote but her condition deteriorated and she went into a respiratory and cardiac arrest before she died on Monday, October 14.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree