Residents escape as chimney catches fire

The scene of the chimney fire in Western Road

The scene of the chimney fire in Western Road

First published in News

Fire crews were called to a house in Western Road, off Abingdon Road, Oxford, yesterday following a chimney fire but no one was hurt.

Martin Crabtree, a spokesman for Oxfordshire Fire Service, said firefighters attended the incident, pictured, at about 1.40pm.

He added: “There were no injuries, and all the occupants got out of the building safely.”

Related links

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree