When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Warning over candles
7:00am Friday 14th February 2014 in News
The fire service has warned people to take care during power cuts and look out for vulnerable neighbours.
Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service area manager Nigel Wilson said: “In these circumstances, we’d like to remind anyone using candles for lighting not to leave them unattended, and to take care if using petrol-powered generators.
“People should also check on vulnerable or elderly neighbours and relatives in the event of power cuts.”