When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Further delays on the trains due to signalling problem caused by flooding
7:54pm Monday 17th February 2014 in News
A SIGNALLING problem caused by flooding is affecting train services between Oxford and London Paddington this evening.
Network Rail had fixed the problem at Maidenhead but First Great Western has said the flooding has affected a further signal.
Tickets will be accepted on South West Train services from London Waterloo, and Chiltern services from London Marylebone.
The following services are operating:
- Swansea to London Paddington hourly
- Bristol to London Paddington half hourly
- Exeter to London Paddington hourly
- Customers should change at Swindon for services to Cheltenham
- A limited number of direct services will operate to Hereford and Worcester. Passengers can also change at Didcot for services to Oxford and the North Cotswolds
- A half hourly stopping service is operating between Oxford and Reading.