When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Family evacuate house after washing machine catches fire
A WASHING machine caused a fire in a home on Goldfinch Close in Bicester yesterday morning.
Firefighters were called on Tuesday at 7.50am after the occupants evacuated the house.
Three crews, two from Bicester and one Oxford’s Rewley Road station, attended the scene.
Firefighters and put out the fire with a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher.
Watch Manager Lewis said: “This incident shows the importance of having working smoke alarms on each floor of your property and to test them weekly.
They will give you an immediate warning of a fire and allow you to leave before the fire grows.
"It is also important to have a fire escape plan so everyone in your property knows what to do when smoke alarms go off.
"Remember the importance of Get Out, Stay out and Call the Fire and Rescue Service out.”
Comments are closed on this article.