Boy with abilities of a six-year-old left frightened after attack in his Greater Leys home

The bruises sustained by the teenager

The bruises sustained by the teenager

First published in News The Oxford Times: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter covering Blackbird Leys and Greater Leys. Call me on 01865 425403

AN AUTISTIC teenager has been left with a broken arm after he was attacked in his own home.

On Sunday the 15-year-old victim, who did not want to be named, was at home in Cranesbill Way, Greater Leys, with his girlfriend and her cousin.

At about 7.30pm, a girl knocked on the door, and then forced her way into the home.

She was followed by two male teens, who proceeded to punch and kick the victim for several minutes.

As well as severe bruising, the victim, who has the learning capabilities of a six-year-old, was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital with a broken bone in his elbow.

He said: “They hit my girlfriend as well when she tried to stop them attacking me.

“They just kept on hitting me while I was sat on the stairs.”

He added: “I’m scared to go out of the house now, or to answer the door.

“When it’s night time and I hear people outside I think it’s them.

“I’m not sleeping well, I get nightmares.”

The boy, who is a pupil at a special needs school, to cope with his autism and severe learning difficulties, said: “I just want them to not come near me —- I did nothing to them.”

The victim’s mother, who was not at home at the time of the attack, said: “Only three of them came in the house, but there was a gang of about 15 of them outside — they just target vulnerable kids.”

As she returned home the attackers had fled and she chased after them. She said: “I saw one of them with his mother, and told her what had happened.

“She just said ‘So what?’.

“She threatened to attack me as well, and was extremely abusive. No remorse.”

This is not the first time the victim has encountered his attackers.

Related links

His mother said: “They’ve chased him before, and they’ve beaten him up before, in June 2012.

“The police did nothing, they just dropped the case.”

Thames Valley Police spokesman Chris Kearney confirmed there was an incident in 2012 but said there was enough evidence to take the case forward.

The boy’s mother added: “I have just had enough. I will do anything to prevent these thugs from hurting anyone else.

“It’s just not fair. I don’t know if any other kids have had this happen to them or if it’s just my son.”

Since Sunday, two 16-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.

One has been bailed until May 9, the other until May 10.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree