Smoke alarm triggers advice

The Oxford Times: Fire engines called Fire engines called

TWO fire engines were called to a smoke alarm triggered by unattended cooking.

The occupier of the flat in Penrose Close, Banbury, and a neighbour were treated for possible smoke inhalation on Monday afternoon.

Crews used fans to clear the remaining smoke from the flat.

Crew manager Piper said: “This incident highlights the dangers of leaving cooking unattended, and the benefits of having a working smoke alarm.

“Ensure you have a working smoke alarm, as a smoke alarm will give an immediate warning of a fire and allow you to escape before the fire grows. Have a fire plan so everyone in your household knows what to do when a smoke alarm goes off.”

Related links

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree