When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Arrested man released after alleged rape in city
7:00am Friday 16th May 2014 in News
A 26-year-old man was yesterday arrested and then released without charge after a report of a rape in Oxford.
The man was taken into custody and questioned for most of the day, but was released by 5pm.
Police were called at about 3.15am on Thursday after a woman said she had been raped.
Officers at a wooded area near the St Clements’ entrance to South Park
George Street Mews and the Bulwarks Lane alleyway between George Street and New Road were cordoned off by police for officers to carry out forensic work.
South Park was also the centre of the police investigation as officers examined an area of woodland.
Police said they were still “actively investigating” the case. No further arrests had been made last night.
Our top stories: