An 89-year-old woman died after choking while being fed at a care home.
Dorothy Rawlings, a retired secretary, was being fed by a carer at the Brookfield Christian Care Home in Greater Leys on May 19 when she suffered swallowing difficulties and began to choke, Oxfordshire Coroners Court heard yesterday.
She died soon after, despite a nurse being called to her assistance.
The medical cause of death was aspiration of food and vomiting.
The inquest was adjourned until September 9 for a full hearing.
Our top stories: