Burning Blackbird Leys dinner mistaken for house fire

The Oxford Times: Burning Blackbird Leys dinner mistaken for house fire Burning Blackbird Leys dinner mistaken for house fire

A BURNING dinner was mistaken for a house fire in Blackbird Leys.

Two fire crews, from Slade Park and Rewley Road, went to the house in Juniper Road after a neighbour heard the smoke alarms sounding and noticed the smell of smoke.

No one was inside, but a small pan of food was slightly burning on the stove.

Firefighters climbed into the house through an open window and cleared the smoke before any damage was caused, with the homeowner coming back as the crews were leaving.

The incident took place on Tuesday, but fire crews have only just released the information.

A Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman was unable to tell the Oxford Mail at what time it happened. 

  • Our top stories: 

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree