Burnt dinner sparks fire alert

.

.

First published in News

A burning dinner was mistaken for a house fire in Blackbird Leys, Oxford.

Two fire crews, from Slade Park and Rewley Road, went to the house in Juniper Road after a neighbour heard the smoke alarms sounding and noticed the smell of smoke.

No-one was inside, but a small pan of food was slightly burning on the stove.

Firefighters climbed into the house through an open window and cleared the smoke before any damage was caused, with the homeowner coming back as the crews were leaving.

It took place on Tuesday, but fire crews have only just released the information.

  • Our top stories:

Related links

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree