A JURY has heard how a 33-year-old man “took advantage” of a drunk woman and raped her while she was asleep.
Yohannis Urrutia Castro, of Church Street, Watlington, went on trial at Oxford Crown Court yesterday.
He is charged with one count of rape allegedly committed on August 3 last year against a woman who cannot be identified for legal reasons.
Giles Curtis-Raleigh, prosecuting, said the woman could not remember most of what had happened to her because she had drunk heavily and taken cocaine during the evening.
He told the jury: “The crown says this man took advantage of a woman who was very drunk and absolutely fast asleep.
“She had no knowledge whatever of what he was up to so clearly had no ability whatever to consent.”
The barrister said the defendant was discovered by a third party who claimed he was naked and having sex with his alleged victim.
Mr Curtis-Raleigh added that on the same evening another woman reported waking up with her underpants removed and Castro standing over her.
The barrister said: “This is particularly significant evidence showing the type of behaviour that this defendant was exhibiting that night towards young women.”
He added that Castro had denied anything illegal had taken place during his police interview.
The trial is due to last four days.
Castro was released on bail.
Our top stories: