TWO men who targeted a vulnerable teenager have become the latest defendants jailed as part of Operation Bullfinch.
Bilal Ahmed and Zeeshan Ahmed were handed prison sentences yesterday at Oxford Crown Court after unanimous guilty verdicts from a jury.
Both men were defendants in the sexual exploitation trial at the Old Bailey last year in which seven men were jailed for a total of 95 years.
Their convictions mark the latest successes for Thames Valley Police’s Operation Bullfinch, which was launched in May 2011 to target men abusing young girls in Oxford.
Bilal, 27, from Maidenhead, was found guilty of sexually assaulting a pregnant teenager in a house on Cowley Road, Oxford, in the early hours of December 17, 2011.
His cousin Zeeshan, 28, above, of Palmer Road, Oxford, was convicted of perverting the course of justice after he told the girl she would be shot if she spoke to the police.
As his guilty verdict was read out Bilal swore and demanded to be taken down to the cells. Zeeshan also then left the dock.
The verdicts were returned after a two-week trial and seven hours of deliberating by the jury.
Mustafa Ahmed, 26, from London, was also a defendant in the case but last week changed his plea and admitted sexually assaulting the girl.
During the trial their victim described how she woke up on a sofa to find Mustafa on top of her, performing a sex act. She said she pretended to be asleep and heard Bilal Ahmed say “Now have sex with her”, but Mustafa left the house.
Bilal then sexually assaulted her again, before the girl escaped into a bathroom and locked the door.
- Mustafa Ahmed
Passing sentence Judge Ian Pringle said it was his view that the girl was “particularly vulnerable” when she was assaulted and Bilal had encouraged Mustafa to have sex with her.
Judge Pringle told Bilal: “Despite her repeated attempts to stop you, you continued to assault her and as she told the police ‘It hurt and I kept asking him to stop’.
He said to Zeeshan: “You contacted (the complainant) 10 times by way of Blackberry Messenger. You clearly tried to interfere with her.”
Bilal received three and a half years in prison and Zeeshan had his current sentence extended by 18 months.
Mustafa will be sentenced at the crown court tomorrow.
- If you have been the victim of sexual abuse you can contact Oxford Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Centre on 01865 726295or 0800 783 6294 or email@example.com
The three defendants:
- BILAL AHMED
- Age: 27
- Lived: Suffolk Road, Maidenhead
- 2013 trial: Cleared of sexual activity with a child
2014 trial: Guilty of sexual assault
- Age: 28
- Lived: Palmer Road, Wood Farm, Oxford
- 2013 trial: Guilty of two charges of sexual activity with a child
- 2014 trial: Guilty of perverting the course of justice
- Age: 26
- Lived: Harrow Road, London
- 2014 trial: Admitted sexual assault
Bilal Ahmed police interviews:
Mustafa Ahmed police interview:
Our top stories: