Home left without hot water after fire

.

.

First published in News

A fire at a care home has left residents without hot water.

Firefighters were called to Cedar Court Care Home in Moorland Road on Sunday at 3.55pm after a fire broke out in the second floor boiler room.

They contained the blaze and about 20 of the home’s 56 residents were evacuated from rooms nearest the fire to another part of the building.

David Penney, director of Lifestyle Care, said: “Any fire is a concern but we have policies and procedures in place in case these things happen.

“Everyone did as they were tranied to do, which meant that no harm came to any other members of staff or our residents.

“We have contractors in at the moment looking at the cause of it.”

Heating and hot water was expected to be restored yesterday.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree