A family escaped their Bicester home after a dishwasher fire broke out in their kitchen in the middle of the night.

Two engines were called to the scene at around 2.20am on Sunday to put out a fire in Lilly Close after a dishwasher caught fire.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue only released the information on Tuesday.

The family, who were alerted by a smoke alarm, were already outside the property when the emergency services arrived.

Watch Manager Robert Lewis said: “This incident shows the importance of having working smoke alarms on each floor of your property and to test them weekly.”




Our top stories: