Kettle descaler leak puts delivery man in hospital

Kettle descaler leak puts delivery man in hospital

Kettle descaler leak puts delivery man in hospital

First published in News

A DELIVERY driver was taken to hospital after a container of kettle descaler leaked.

Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to the incident just before 9am on Thursday by the man who was delvering the chemical to a property in Ashbury, near Faringdon.

Two fire crews from Faringdon and Wantage and a specialist hazardous materials unit from Rewley Road in Oxford were sent to the incident and made the container safe.

It is believed the descaler leaked out through its packaging and gave off fumes which affected the driver.

A spokeswoman for South Western Ambulance Service said the man was taken to the Great Western Hospital in Swindon by a paramedic in a rapid response vehicle.

No details on his condition have been released.

  • Do you want alerts delivered straight to your phone via our WhatsApp service? Text NEWS or SPORT or NEWS AND SPORT, depending on which services you want, and your full name to 07767 417704. Save our number into your phone’s contacts as Oxford Mail WhatsApp and ensure you have WhatsApp installed.

Our top stories

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:49pm Sat 30 Aug 14

Interestedinoxford says...

Well done to the emergency services involved. We take you for granted until...we need you. Thank you.
Well done to the emergency services involved. We take you for granted until...we need you. Thank you. Interestedinoxford
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree