When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Man's death was accidental
9:40am Saturday 1st September 2012 in News
OXFORD: A 62-year-old man died of smoke inhalation after a cigarette set fire to his bedding.
David Boot, who was described by his GP as a “heavy drinker of long standing”, died at his flat in Nettlebed Mead, Greater Leys, on March 7.
An inquest into his death at Oxford’s Old County Hall on Thursday heard Mr Boot was more than three times the drink-drive alcohol limit when he was found.
Coroner Alison Thompson recorded a verdict of accidental death.