When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Name: Les Sibley
Candidate for: Banbury
LES Sibley works and lives in Bicester.
He said: “I am a local candidate and family man, who has lived and worked in Bicester for over 40 years.
“I am employed by the MoD at Bicester where I have witnessed the tremendous service and support the workforce provide to our armed forces who carry out a sterling and heroic job on the frontline in Afghanistan and around the world.
“My number one priority is to fight to keep open our local hospitals and to provide new facilities to cope with the changes in healthcare and an ever growing population.
“I will continue to fight for Bicester to have a new community hospital with NHS beds including respite and dementia care facilities.
“I am proud Labour brought in the Winter Fuel allowance, free eye tests, free TV licences, free national and local bus travel and the Pension Credit which has helped thousands of local pensioners.
“I have campaigned on the issues that matter most to you, the local economy, health care, housing and education. I believe in public investment, community action and fairness so that everyone has the chance of a good life in a sustainable environment with high quality public services.”
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy