When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Name: Roseanne Edwards
Candidate for: Banbury
Party: Independent 5
Roseanne Edward, 57, lives in Banbury and is a journalist.
She said: “The only truly independent candidate in Banbury and Bicester, I will be able to oppose Government decisions that are not good for our people – while other MPS must vote with their parties.
“The economic crisis has not been caused by ordinary people and they should not suffer for it. Soaring unemployment, repossessions, shrivelling public services and poverty are imminent. My website roseanne-edwards.com explains my policies on finance, youth, education, immigration, the Horton and NHS, farming and industry.”
She promises to fight for:
Tax on top-end salaries and bonuses to share repaying the debt fairly;
Much greater support for young people who deserve a generous start in life, decent work prospects and no university fees or loans;
An overhaul of testing in schools, allowing savings and better education for children;
End the target culture in schools, police and NHS and let professionals to do their work;
Support for agriculture, self sufficiency and climate protection and regenerate industry;
Fairer funding to save Horton services and end creeping NHS privatisation;
Replace Trident with appropriate nuclear defence to save £100bn.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy