When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Name: Tim Farron
Candidate for: Westmorland & Lonsdale
Party: Liberal Democrat
(Supplied by the candidate)
My pledge to you is that I will work as hard for you in the next five years as I have in the last five.
Since I became your MP in 2005, we have achieved so much together as a community: a new cancer unit, 400 new affordable homes, a new payments scheme for hill farmers, ambulances back at Westmorland General and another 40,000+ individual cases where I've been able to help local families on specific personal issues.
My promise is to continue to be a different kind of MP and to put our area - which is my home - ahead of party politics.
Living here with my wife Rosie and our four children, we use the same schools, health care and other services as everyone else.
Above all else, that's what drives me to defend the interests of our community.
It's heart-warming to meet so many people who appreciate the way I have done my job.
The vast number of lifelong Conservative and Labour supporters who say they will vote for me this time is particularly humbling.
After 13 long years, I want to change this failed government; I also want to make sure that our area continues to have a strong local voice to make a real difference.
If you lend me your vote on May 6th you can be sure of achieving both!
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy