Name: John Edwards
Candidate for: Beaconsfield
Party: Liberal Democrat
Information submitted by the candidate:
John Edwards, 42, an accountant from Windsor, has been chosen as the Lib Dem PPC for Beaconsfield.
John said “I am really looking forward to my first general election as a candidate for the Liberal Democrats” From 2004 to 2008 John was a member of the cabinet in the joint administration which ran Slough Borough Council and put the environment and recycling firmly at the top of the Council’s agenda.
John’s experience will be useful as all three parties examine the financial crisis and the need to reduce the financial deficit and the National Debt. He works in Slough as a finance professional in a FTSE 250 company and is a Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants.
He has involved himself in Burnham Lions’ Club and their successful fundraising for the last 10 years. John pledged support for Lib Dem policies to make education a platform for a fairer Britain, and to scrap the expensive ID card scheme.
He continued “Politicians should stop using the NHS as a football and back the professionals, both clinical and non-clinical, to run it for the benefit of us all”
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Mike Wood holds Dudley South seat for the Tories
- Your chance to quiz Redditch election hopefuls
- Education a hot topic for debate
- Dramatic night at the polls leaves Worcester City Council in limbo
- Worcestershire elections 2014: Live
- European elections officially under way in South West
- House prices on the rise with £20,000 increase since start of year
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
The Oxford Times is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.