When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Name: Yvonne Hossack
Candidate for: Stockton South
Party: Independent 5
Yvonne Hossack is a successful lawyer and activist who fought to keep scores of care homes for the elderly and the disabled open.
Yvonne, labeled as a “champion for the oppressed”, has been shortlisted for the Human Rights Award three times and was the 2004 Private Eye Woman of the Year. In 2009, the Sunday Telegraph named her one of the most influential people in Britain.
Yvonne is passionate about protecting the weak, disabled and the elderly and strives to provide better quality care. She is committed to prioritising constituents’ interests and protecting the weak and the sick from “expected savage cuts”.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy