When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Name: Joe Goldberg
Candidate for: Witney
Joe Goldberg, 33, is a strategy consultant, who has been campaigning in West Oxfordshire for nearly two years to make the case for Labour in Witney.
He believes this election is about the future of the economy.
He said: “Time and again our MP, David Cameron, has made the wrong calls for Britain and the wrong calls for our community.”
If elected Mr Goldberg has vowed to work to ensure the future of SureStart centres, invest in green jobs for the future, build more affordable homes, protect local hospitals and continue Labour’s work on the international stage to tackle child poverty.
He added: “The thing about Witney is there are lots of people not just concerned with home affairs but with making sure Britain contributes to making a better world.
“We want to make sure we keep up spending on international development and keep human rights at the top of the foreign policy agenda and make sure we continue to bring an end to world poverty.”
He said he wanted to encourage businesses working in the low carbon economy to thrive in West Oxfordshire, saying: “These are good manufacturing jobs, highly skilled jobs, that we can bring to the UK. If Witney can be a hub of low carbon enterprise all the better.”
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy