When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Name: Jacqueline Jones
Candidate for: Wantage
Party: UK Independence Party
A graduate of both the University of Wales and the Open University, Jacqueline Jones has worked as a medical secretary and is qualified to teach English, literacy and numeracy to adults.
She lives with her husband Dr Peter Jones in Cumnor, where she has served as a parish councillor, chairman of the recreation and playing fields committee, a school governor, and youth club management committee member.
As UKIP’s local government spokesman she has campaigned against Thames Water’s proposed reservoir near Abingdon.
She said: “The denial of a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty was a major breach of trust by Lab-Lib-Con politicians.
“Everyone should have their say on Great Britain’s membership of the European Union, loss of control of our borders and mass immigration, all with the consequences of overbuilding of the Wantage constituency.
“We need to set a new course for complete change, with open discussion of major issues that the people of a free, sovereign state have every right to decide without the threats of political correctness. We should hold local binding referenda on proposed development, and stop paying the EU £45m every day, instead providing new hospitals, schools and police and ambulance facilities.”
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to end top-down targets
- Coalition 'boosting reform plans'
- Home information packs to be axed
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed
- Estate agents hail demise of Hips
- Report on voting chaos published
- Cameron to hold talks with Sarkozy