When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Adults and baby rescued from Banbury flat fire
8:36pm Monday 29th October 2012 in News
Two adults and a baby were evacuated from a flat after a candle started a fire in a storage heater.
Firefighters were called to West Bar at about 10.50pm on Sunday. One adult was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
An Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said a candle melted on a storage heater the fire.
The flat did not have a working smoke alarm and incident commander Vince Davies said: “The outcome could have been very different if the incident had happened after the family had gone to bed.
“This highlights the importance of people having working smoke alarms.”