9:00am Saturday 15th December 2012
Young musicians from the Helston area will be given a chance to perform at a festive gig this evening, (Saturday).
Called The Christmas Concert, it will take place between 7pm and 11pm at the Epworth Hall in Coinagehall Street.
Entry is £3 on the door, with 20 per cent of the money raised going to the venue as rent and the majority of the remaining 80 per cent going to a local charity, although some will be put in a pot for the next gig. It has been organised by Helston teenager Jake Riding, who has been supported by the Helston Youth Work Team, Sue Ford who is designing the posters and others.
Refreshments will be provided by JJ News inside the venue; no alcohol is allowed inside.
Due to perform on the night is solo singer Robyn Rosa Flores, acoustic duo The Collected made up of Stuart King and Aidan Postle, band Last Scream (Adam Jones, Keelan Butler, Jack Richards, Josh Watson), acoustic soloists Tom Briggs and Louis Williams and band GloryFire (Jordi Hoskin, Sam Colverson, Harry Morgan, Brook Hocking).
Also set to feature are Shannon Farmer of Shannon and the Birds, ‘crazy’ acoustic duo Adam Bloom and Carl Betts and band Relentless (Bethany Evans, Finn Hellier, Bradley White and Beth White) who have played at Boardmasters and Bestival.
© Copyright 2001-2013 Newsquest Media Group