When It Happens Panel Get involved: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting 'OXFORD NEWS' to 80360 or email
Cogges link road row goes to the High Court
11:10am Wednesday 2nd May 2012 in Witney
OXFORDSHIRE County Council has admitted it did not fulfil some planning requirements relating to the £20.5m Cogges Link Road.
James Mawle, who owns land needed for the scheme, has alleged work started unlawfully and will file legal papers to the High Court for a Judicial Review today.
If he is proved correct, the council would be forced to re- apply for planning permission.
The original permission, granted in 2009, ended on April 6.
The council started worked on the scheme, which will run from Oxford Hill to Station Lane, in March.
Mr Mawle said it was “absolutely mandatory” by law for the council to inform the public, through notices in the press and at the site, that planning conditions had been met. He also accused the council of failing to advertise new environmental information, which arose at the public inquiry.
Council spokesman Owen Morton said these were not advertised in the press or on site but said this did not automatically invalidate the planning permission.
He said details of the application and the environmental information were posted on the council’s website and were well known at the recent public inquiry.