A HOMELESS chef who suffered from depression died from a lethal cocktail of drugs and alcohol.

Nesawor Miah, 40, who was born in Bangladesh, had worked part-time in an Indian restaurant in Oxford before becoming unemployed.

On December 8 he went a friend’s house in the city who later found Mr Miah in his bathroom hunched over the toilet and unresponsive.

He called 999 and paramedics took him to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Headington where he died on December 10. A post-mortem found he had 300mg of morphine per litre of blood and 78mg of alcohol per 100ml of blood, with the legal limit for driving at 80.

At an inquest at Oxfordshire Coroner’s Court on Thursday, coroner Darren Salter ruled that Mr Miah had died from a “drug and alcohol-related death”.

In a statement read to the inquest, GP James Porter of Luther Street Medical Centre, said when he first met Mr Miah in 2006 he had appeared to have mental health problems. Dr Porter said: “He had a very chaotic lifestyle while homeless.”