A MAN followed a dazed and confused clubber out of a packed Oxford nightclub before leading her into an alleyway and raping her, a court has heard.

Suranga Wijethunga, of Speedwell Street, Oxford, denies a single count of rape.

As his trial at Oxford Crown Court continued today, the 32-year old and the jury watched a recorded police interview with the alleged victim filmed two days after the incident outside Atik nightclub.

The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, told officers she had been out drinking with friends and family in the early hours of June 18 last year.

The court heard today that the group had been ‘upgraded’ to a VIP suite inside the nightclub in which they were served vodka and mixers while at a table.

Speaking to police, the alleged victim said that she first began to feel ‘unusual’ having briefly left the drinks unattended and then returning having spotted a group of men standing around the table.

She said that after reclaiming her drink she began to ‘feel sick’ and shortly afterwards she went to the toilet to be sick.

The woman said when she emerged, having become separated from her group, Wijethunga led her out of the club and to a nearby alleyway off Park End Street before raping her while other revellers passed by.

She said: “I felt really scared and I remember him being silent.

"I knew he was having sex with me and it was silent and I could not look at him.

“I could not hear anything and then I could hear someone come down and take a wee but I didn’t see anyone and then he left and it was done.”

The alleged victim then said that she returned to the club, where she found her friends and it was then that she told them she had been raped.

The woman told officers: “I just wanted to cry, I wanted to go home, I wanted this to be over. [While it was happening] I kind of thought it would be over soon anyway.”

Earlier in the trial CCTV footage shown to the jury of six men and six women appeared to show the woman led out of the packed nightclub by Wijethunga.

They were then shown turning right and walking along Park End Street in the direction of the city centre.

The trial continues.