SMOKE from a garage fire could be seen for two miles yesterday as it engulfed a van near Bicester.

Crews from Bicester Fire Station and Oxford tackled the blaze, which involved a van inside an open fronted garage, in Chesterton just after 4pm.

The Oxford Times:

The Oxford Times:

Firefighters in breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using both hosereels and main jets and the crews were able to contain the fire to the affected garage.

They then used a winch to remove the van from the building for further cooling and investigation work.

The Oxford Times:

No cause has been revealed by Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Sharing the images on social media, the fire service said: "Fires like this show the importance of ensuring access on smaller village roads is kept clear as it was in this instance for fire crews to be able to reach incidents quickly and safely."