MARK Janes scored twice to help Kidlington beat Cinderford Town 4-1 and stretch their unbeaten run to four games in the Evo-Stik South League.

Lance Williams and Duran Martin were also on target at Yarnton Road in the West Division encounter.

In an evenly-contested opening 45 minutes, Kidlington took the lead with the only chance of the first half.

Darius Brown crossed from the left and Janes headed home on 29 minutes.

Martin came close to doubling their lead on 49 minutes, but goalkeeper Joe Perry made a fine save to keep out his free-kick.

However, it was soon 2-0 when Janes headed home Tommy Castle’s cross.

Kidlington were in control and Williams added their third on 74 minutes.

Home goalkeeper Sam Warrell made a fine stop to deny Dan McDonald, but was beaten with six minutes to go when Joe Hunt scored from 25 yards.

However, Kidlington added a fourth when Martin netted from the penalty spot after Mark Bell was fouled in the box.

Kidlington: Warrell, E Odhiambo, Castle, Brown, Whitehead, Gabbidon (Bell 74), Martin, Osborne-Ricketts, Janes (Benjamin 67), Williams (Franklin 80), Browne. Sub not used: A Odhiambo.

Attendance: 55.

Ten-man Didcot Town battled to a 0-0 draw at home to Swindon Supermarine to stay in touch with the play-offs.

The Railwaymen have slipped to eighth, but are only outside the top-five on goal difference, with four teams locked on 46 points.

Both goalkeepers had to be alert early on in a clash between two play-off hopefuls.

Didcot’s Felipe Barcelos was denied by Josh Hill, before Leigh Bedwell kept out efforts from Bradley Gray and Josh Parsons.

The big moment of the game arrived just minutes after half-time, when Adam Learoyd was sent off after lunging in on Parsons.

Supermarine looked to assert their man advantage, but Bedwell denied Gray and Joe Selman.

Didcot, though, looked more likely to score late on with Marlon Agyakwa and Sam Elkins going close, but it ended goalless.

Didcot Tn: Bedwell, Elkins, McNeill, Hayden, Cattell, Learoyd, Reid, Murphy, Barcelos, Barder, Pin. Subs: Jeacock, Agyakwa, Joyce, Woodley, Thomas.

Attendance: 144.

North Leigh conceded a last-gasp goal to suffer a 2-1 loss at fellow strugglers Shortwood United.

Ryan Meredith struck in the 90th minute to condemn the Millers to a ninth game without a victory.

John Brough’s side remain eight points above the relegation zone, but have slipped to 18th.

They were in good shape to end that run when Roger James put them ahead on 25 minutes.

But Liam Meredith levelled, before Ryan Meredith struck late on.

Thame United recorded an impressive 1-0 victory at second-placed Beaconsfield Town in the East Division.

The visitors scored the only goal on 65 minutes after Lynton Goss was fouled in the area.

He picked himself up to take the penalty and scored at the second attempt after his intial effort was saved.

Beaconsfield’s Alexander Cathline was sent off for an elbow on Adam Morris.

But Thame needed a late save from Craig Hill to secure the three points.

Thame Utd: Hill, Mepham, Lynn, Essex, McGowan, Ashworth, Connelly, L Goss, Morris, West, A Goss (Ricketts).

Attendance: 57.

Ricky Johnson hit a second-half hat-trick to help Banbury United beat Gosport Borough 5-0 at home.

Elliot Sandy and Jack Self were also on the scoresheet as the Puritans eased to victory in the Premier Division clash.

Gosport’s best effort of the game arrived on two minutes when Joseph Lea fired over from 20 yards.

Banbury dominated from there on, with Tom Bradbury and Johnson linking up for Self to volley off target.

Johnson then tested goalkeeper Patrick O’Flaherty, before heading another effort wide.

The opener arrived on the stroke of half-time when Bradbury was fouled in the area and Sandy stepped up to score from the spot.

They doubled their lead two minutes after the break.

O’Flaherty kept out a Johnson header, but the same player headed home the resulting corner.

The striker then made it 3-0 on 57 minutes when he fired home Darren Pond’s cross into the top corner.

It was all Banbury and Self met a Winters cross for the fourth goal on 62 minutes.

The scoring was completed with 19 minutes to go when debutant Leon Lobjoit set up Johnson (right) to head home past O’Flaherty and complete his hat-trick.

Banbury Utd: Harding, Hawtin, Bradbury, Nash, Wise, Carnell, Self, Sandy (Lobjoit 69), Johnson, Finch (Pond 44), Winters (Humphreys 76). Subs not used: Ngathe, Howards.

Attendance: 342.