NORTH Leigh produced their best performance of the season to triumph 4-0 at play-off chasing Coleshill Town on Saturday.

The sensational victory in the Evo-Stik South League Division 1 Central clash sees the basement side cut the gap to safety to just six points.

And although the hosts finished the game with just nine men, they were already 2-0 behind when the red cards were brandished.

North Leigh roared out of the blocks and took the lead in just the second minute when Henry Landers converted a sweeping move after great work from Harry Grant and Tyriq Hunte.

The Millers doubled their lead two minutes later when George Seacole burst through the Coleshill defence to fire home.

Eventually the hosts started to get into the game, but visiting goalkeeper Eddie Cavanagh kept them at bay with a couple of fine saves.

And the frustration started to show, with Amavir Sandhu picking up a second yellow card for diving early in the second half.

They were soon down to nine men when Jordan Nadat was shown a straight red for throwing the ball at Ben Brown.

North Leigh ensured there would not be a comeback when Jordy Ngathe scored to make it 3-0 eight minutes from time.

And Landers put the icing on the cake three minutes later to complete an emphatic success.

Kidlington’s relegation fears increased once more after a 4-2 home defeat against Aylesbury United, despite leading 2-0.

Lewis Coyle scored in the ninth and 27th minutes – the latter from a penalty – as Julian McCalmon’s side surged in front.

However, Max Hercules pulled a goal back and Aaron Berry’s spot-kick in first-half injury time made it 2-2.

Second-half strikes from Hercules (60) and Sonny French (81) then sealed Kidlington’s fate.

They are still three points clear of the drop zone.

Didcot Town’s play-off bid suffered a setback with a 2-1 home defeat against second-placed Bromsgrove Sporting.

Jason Cowley put the high-fliers ahead in just the fifth minute, heading home at the far post from a corner.

Didcot keeper Leigh Bedwell did well to deny Kieran Westwood, before the hosts finally found their feet going forward after the break.

Not posing a threat in the opening period, Andy Ballard’s side looked a threat going forward, Felipe Barcelos almost making the most of a poor headed backpass, only to be denied by visiting goalkeeper Jono Brown.

However, Didcot levelled on 61 minutes when John Dennis fired home.

Barcelos saw another shot saved, but the hosts were made to pay for failing to convert their chances when, midway through the second half, Charlie Dowd scored what turned out to be the winner.

The defeat sees Didcot stay fifth, but the chasing pack have closed in.

Thame United also suffered a big blow in their top-five bid when losing 3-1 at Bedford Town.

Their sole strike came in the second minute of injury time when Matt Peake-Pijnen netted, but the damage had already been done.

Thame are now four points off the play-off positions.

  • BANBURY United took a huge step towards securing their safety in the Premier Central Division.

A 3-0 victory at St Neots Town moved Mike Ford’s side 12 points clear of the bottom three.

Joe Iaciofano gave the visitors the lead after six minutes, an advantage that was doubled right on the stroke of half-time by Ricky Johnson.

Johnson then doubled his tally midway through the second half, heading home powerfully.

Defeat would have seen just six points between Banbury and the drop zone.