Chlorine gas leak causes Bicester leisure centre closure

Firefighters were called to deal with a chlorine gas leak at Bicester Leisure Centre

Firefighters were called to deal with a chlorine gas leak at Bicester Leisure Centre

First published in News

BICESTER'S leisure centre was closed for several hours on Saturday after a chlorine gas leak.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service said firefighters were called to the centre, in Queen's Avenue, at 6.35am to deal with a small leak in the pool and spa equipment.

They ventilated the area as a precaution.

The centre reopened at 2pm after a specialist engineer repaired the faulty equipment.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree