Two people had to flee their home after a fire broke out.
Firefighters were called to the home in Magdalen Road, East Oxford, at about 10.20pm on Tuesday. No one was injured.
Watch manager Will McPhail said: “In this case, the occupants were warned of a quickly developing fire in sufficient time to escape due to the fact they had working smoke alarms.
“I would advise everybody to ensure they have a working smoke detector on each level of their house.
“Households should also have a fire plan so everyone in your household knows what to do when a smoke detector goes off.”