‘A lucky escape’ for victim of house fire

.

.

First published in News

A villager in Shutford, near Banbury, awoke to find his living room on fire, early yesterday morning.

Firefighters were called to the home in West Street after the householder was awoken at 3am and left the property. No-one was injured.

Watch manager John Campbell said: “In this case, the occupier was very lucky to be woken by the fire itself. His injuries could have been worse.”

Related links

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree