A chef died after being found at the bottom of stairs in an Oxford home for people with mental health problems.
Sun Hei Lam, 54, was discovered by a support worker, Robert Atkinson, who had earlier heard a thud at the top of the stairs on April 22, Oxfordshire coroner Darren Salter said yesterday.
He died at hospital later that day from a large upper gastro-intestinal haemorrhage, due to gastritis and fluoxetine toxicity.
The coroner described it as “not a natural cause of death.”
The chef, who was born in Hong Kong, lived Iffley Turn, in a multi-occupancy house for people with mental health problems, the court heard.
He had worked as a kitchen porter at St Giles’ Cafe since last year, and was described by friends as having “grace and humour”.
An inquest into his death has been adjourned until August 5.
Our top stories: